October is known for ghosts, ghouls and trick-or-treating, but it's also National Home Security Month. Welcome witches and werewolves at your front door, but scare intruders away.
Home security is often overlooked. Protect your home, family and belongings, starting at your front door. Our Platinum Security Collection provides peace of mind and proves that security can be beautiful.
Meet the Platinum Collection
The Platinum Collection from LARSON® is the ultimate in storm door technology with all the features you've come to love, plus a sleeker profile, enhanced security and effortless installation. And did we mention, curb appeal?
Platinum Secure Screen Hit Test
Woven with stainless steel, The Dominator™ screen has the strength of more than 1,000 lbs/inch.
Platinum Secure Glass Hit Test
Laminated security glass keeps intruders out and shields against blunt or sharp objects, without compromising your view.
Home Security Checklist:
- Install security doors for an added layer of protection
- Keep valuables hidden from street view
- Trim hedges to reduce hiding spots
- Lock down your Wi-Fi Network
- Don't forget to secure your garage
- Install flood lights at front, side and back of property
- Install exterior faucet locks
- Install locks on fences and outbuilding entrances
- Install indoor/outdoor cameras that can be accessed from your smart device
- Check smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors regularly
Other tips for securing your home while you are away:
- Cancel mail deliveries
- Store important documents and personal valuables in a safe that is bolted to the wall or floor
- Don't post photos of your vacation or destination on social media until you return
- Leave lights on a timer
- Check that all doors and windows are locked
- Have a friend or relative check on your property periodically
Download the LARSON security brochure for our complete security line.